Friday 25 July 2008

A dream is a wish your heart makes...

Hi everyone! Not sure where to start!

This blog will be all about Florida and Disney, and my planning to get us there!

I originally planned to go in 5 years time as I can't afford yearly holidays, so wanted to give them THE holiday of a lifetime. Swimming with dolphins, going to every single theme park, staying in a Disney hotel, hiring a lovely car, going for 5 weeks, and having tonnes of spending money. I wanted to be able to do everything, in fear of never having the chance again, and not having to worry about money at all when we're out there.
I have a 126 page planner filled with everything I plan to do and god knows how many travel guides!

THEN.....I found the DIS! ( http://www.disboards.com/ )

Having looked around I realised, although I couldn't do everything I wanted to do, I could afford to go for a couple of weeks every couple of years, staying in a Disney hotel and going to a fair few theme parks, and still have an amazing holiday! You never know, maybe even once a year if I'm lucky!

To be honest, I would much rather go every couple of years and only do a few parks each time than have one holiday (which is estimated to cost around £10,000!!!!!) in 5 years time. We could still do it all, but spread it over a lifetime!

So, I'm currently planning a holiday for October 2009. From what I've found so far, it should cost around 2k for the flights, hotel and car, and a few hundred more for park tickets, food and spending money. Although, looking at prices for October this year, if I wait until next summer to book, I should get around £500 knocked off that for late booking so that's great!

I have purchased a Fairfx card ( http://www.fairfx.com/ ) which allows me to load a pre-pay credit card with dollars at a fantastic exchange rate (last time I topped up it was $2 to the £1! Amazing!).

I can use this card just like any other credit card all around the world. So I'll be topping up as much as a can spare, then paying for the holiday with it next year and using it over there in restaurants and such.

It's the best way to save for me. If I tried to save it in my bank or money box, I'll only dip in and spend it!

Anyway, that's my little intro! I hope you enjoy reading my Disney planning as it progresses!

No comments: