Thursday 7 August 2008

Oh no!

The exchange rate has gone well down. HSBC are offering $1.87. I'm gutted my FairFX card isn't near the $2 mark anymore, but it's still the best rate at the moment at $1.925 to the £1. Everywhere else is in the $1.80's ranging from $1.83 to $1.89.

I remember the first time we went we had to times by 3, then divide by 2 to work out how many dollars you'd get, so that would have been $1.50 to the £1!

Don't get me wrong, that is still an amazing rate not found anywhere else, but it was only 2 weeks ago that you could double your money!

Hope it goes up again soon. Luckily, I won't be putting that much on, and only in small amounts at a time. It would be brilliant to be able to put £350 on at $1.95+ though!

However the rate goes, at least I know I'm getting the most of it with the card, knowing most people are getting much worse rates by not having this card. :D

No comments: